Osiris: New Dawn "Proteus II Unearthed" Update Now Available; Gets New Trailer
A new update bringing a new ranger class, mission system, upgraded graphics and much more has been released for space survival game Osiris: New Dawn.
Fenix Fire Entertainment released a new update for their space survival exploration game, Osiris: New Dawn. The new update, Proteus II Unearthed, is a fairly large content update and brings with it a new ranger class, upgraded graphics, a mission system and much more. In addition to the newly released update, we also received a new trailer which can be seen below.
Here is a full breakdown of the fresh new update, courtesy of Fenix Fire Entertainment:
- Proteus II Map Redesign: The starting moon of Proteus II has been redesigned to showcase varying biodomes, with more flora and fauna, crater lakes, abandoned installations, and more discoverable landmarks.
- What Lies Underneath – New Mines Section: Enter the alien infested Osiris 1 mines and fight for your life to reveal what fate befell the original Osiris Mission. Confront the maze-like ruins and encounter the dark secrets lurking within.
- Ranger Class: Suit up as a new class with unlocked defensive skills that include the ability to employ turrets and build wall structures.
- Upgraded Graphic Quality: Immerse yourself in the world of Osiris with new graphical features such as, volumetric clouds, temporal anti-aliasing, and screen space shadowing.
- Mission System: Dive deeper into the lore of Osiris: New Dawn by contextually acquiring and completing missions.
- Alien Encounters: Discover the hierarchy of the Crabs; from lowly Snubb to the elegant and terrifying Crab Queen.
- Improved Sound Effects and VO: Voiceover sounds to player and EVA system computer and overall improvement to sound FX to creatures and weapons.
- New Melee Combo System: Chain together attacks using hand-crafted weapons each with unique animations for various playstyles.
Osiris: New Dawn is currently available on PC via Steam Early Access for $24.99.