Outriders Upcoming Update - Patch Notes, Release Date, Maintenance Break (Today, April 8)
Here is all you need to know about the upcoming Outriders update.
Outriders has become the next big thing in the gaming industry in a short span of time and is being widely acclaimed by fans and critics alike. Developed by People Can Fly and published by Square Enix, the game has been shattering records lately.
Despite the praise the game has received so far, fans have been facing a lot of issues while playing the game. Ever since launch, the game’s servers have been quite inconsistent with frequent outages making it difficult for players to play the game.
Thankfully, the server issues have been fixed now. However, there are a plethora of minor issues which is still bothering quite a large number of players. Quite notable of all is the crossplay bug. The developers have acknowledged these issues and are working on a fix.
- MORE OUTRIDERS: Outriders Ending, Final Boss and Endgame Content Explained
These issues will likely be fixed in the upcoming update, and here is all we know about the next update.
Outriders Upcoming Update – Release Date
Outriders‘ next patch is currently in the works and it is slated to release next week. The exact release date is unknown.
Outriders Upcoming Update – Patch Notes
PC & Console Platforms:
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
Outriders Upcoming Update – Maintenance Break
People Can Fly has announced that the game will be undergoing a short maintenance break at 4:30pm BST/UTC on 8th April. This will not likely include the major patch as that is speculated to come at a later date. Stay tuned on DualShockers to stay update about the latest news on Outriders!