Overcooked: Special Edition Finally Receives Update on Switch that Fixes Frame-Rate and More
Ghost Town Games and Team17 have finally improved the frame-rate of the Nintendo Switch version of Overcooked: Special Edition with Patch 1, and are already working on Patch 2.
Overcooked is fun little cooking-based co-op game that released last year for PC, PS4, and Xbox One to positive reviews. Back in July, almost a year after its initial release, Overcooked: Special Edition launched on the Nintendo Switch, and bundled the base game with its previous DLC all in one package. While the game seems to have done somewhat well on the platform, this version recently become somewhat infamous for its sub-par frame-rate.
The game’s original targeted frame rate was 30fps, just like on other consoles, but the Switch version would frequently fall in the 23-24fps range. Overcooked is a fast-paced title too, so this definitely interfered with the smoothness of the game for many. These problems seem to be behind us though, as developer Ghost Town Games and publisher Team17 released Patch 1 for the Switch version of the game today to fix the frame-rate among some other things.
In addition to the better frame-rate, the controls have also been improved, a small glitch with the HD Rumble has been fixed, and a couple other glitches, exploits, and errors have been taken care of. You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
- General improvements to framerate across the entire game
- Improvements to controller input
- HD Rumble no longer activates for all players when Player 1 carries out an action
- A crash triggered after lowering the vibration setting is fixed
- An exploit for chopping in the single-player mode has been removed
- An error in which worktop highlights was missing under certain circumstances is fixed
- A bug causing the timer to cut off when switching between handheld and TV mode has been fixed
The developers also stated that they are currently working on Patch 2, which will “introduce even more improvements to performance”. Overcooked: Special Edition is currently available on Nintendo Switch, while the regular version of the game is on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.