Overwatch - Experimental Card Patch Notes March 22 Hero Update
What's in the Overwatch experimental card patch notes?
Despite being relatively close to its sequel, Blizzard is still continuing to support and make changes to Overwatch. Today, the Overwatch experimental card patch notes were released for March 22.
If you’re a casual Overwatch player and a little lost as to what all this means, don’t worry: no big changes are coming for you.
Instead, the changes are for the experimental cards which change the game for ranked play.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Overwatch experimental patch notes for March 22.
- MORE: What Is the Overwatch Nvidia Reflex Support Update on PC?
Experimental Card Explained
If you’re not entirely sure what the experimental card is, let me catch you up to speed. The experimental card is a game mode in Overwatch separate from the main game that allows developers to experiment around with different buffs and rebalances. These changes might make their way into the main game in a future update, but the experimental card exists for them to try things out. It’s almost like a place for people to be playtesters for the game while Blizzard makes tweaks and changes.
Experimental Card Patch Notes March 22
The full list of Overwatch experimental card patch notes are as follows:
- Ammo reduced from 12 to 14
- Can now be self-cast on Ana by using the interact key
- Damage reduced from 100 to 90
- Healing reduced from 75 to 65
- Now protects teammates to a minimum health threshold of 1 health, down from 20% of maximum
- Now increases movement speed increased by 25% while repairing
- Healing removed from teammates when Brigitte is eliminated
- Duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds
- When Duplicate ends, Echo will be healed to 50% health instead of 100%
- Spread reduced from 9 to 8 meters
- Duration increased by 1 second for each kill while active
- Travel speed increased by 20%
- Damage increased by 20%
- Distance before the dragon forms from the arrow shot reduced from 10 to 5 meters
- Minimum damage increased from 30 to 35
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
- Radius increased by 50%
- Effectiveness increased by 20% at close range, falling off to -50% at maximum range
- Ammo increased from 120 to 140
- Getting a killing blow will reset the cooldown
- Health increased from 600 to 700
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 11 seconds
- New Passive: Damage taken while airborne decreased by 5% and damage taken while grounded increased by 10%
- Removed voice line triggered upon arrival
- Stuns closer targets for up to 3 seconds. Targets at maximum range are stunned for the standard 2.5 seconds
- Now has two charges
- Damage reduced from 40 impact + 80 explosive to 30 impact + 50 explosive
- Self-damage scalar reduced from 50% to 40%
- Activation time increased from 0.65 seconds to 1.15 seconds
- Duration increased from 5 to 6 seconds
- Cooldown is now triggered when the translocator used or destroyed, instead of immediately after placement
- Cooldown reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Placement travel speed increased from 15 to 20 meters per second
- Now has two charges
- Damage reduced by 40%
- Health reduced by 40%
- Base health increased from 150 to 175
- Cooldown increased from 12 to 14 seconds
- Damage increased from 75 to 120
- Damage over time duration increased from 5 to 6 seconds
- Trigger radius increased from 3 to 4 meters
- Health/Armor has been redistributed from 350/150 to 335/165
- Size reduced by 15%
- Ammo reduced from 80 to 70
- Cooldown increased from 5 to 7 seconds
- No longer prevents enemies from generating ultimate charge
- Range increased from 30 to 34 meters
- Movement speed multiplier increased from 2x to 2.3x
For more Overwatch, make sure to check out this article that takes a look at all the new character designs for the highly anticipated Overwatch 2. You can find any and all of our Overwatch coverage right here on Dualshockers.