Today developer and publisher Blizzard Entertainment revealed a brand new patch for its hit game Overwatch.
The main highlight of the new patch is addition of the Horizon Lunar Colony. As the name suggests, this new map takes place on the moon, and is available to play in both quick play and competitive modes. This map was previously announced back in May with a trailer.
Another highlight from the patch is that two new skins have been officially added to the game, Oni Genji, and Officer D. Va. While both the map and the two skins were a part of the game’s Public Testing Region (PTR) on Windows PC almost a month ago, this marks the first time that either of these features have been made available of everyone, regardless of platform.
The patch also features some brand new modifications that can be implemented in the custom game section. Most notably, player gravity and jump height can new be changed.
Three heroes have also seen some major adjustments. For McCree, Deadeye now begins to lock onto targets after 0.2 seconds, instead of the previous lock-on time of 0.8 seconds. With Reaper, you’ll now regain 20% health from all damage done to heroes. Roadhog’s head hitbox has also been reduced by 20%, while his Scrap Gun will now do 33% less damage.
Finally, some general changes and bug fixes have been made to the overall game. Players will no longer lose progress on their On Fire meter, your first win won’t count as a loss in career mode any more, and Sombra will no longer be able to get out of the playable area on Eichenwalde.
The patch itself includes close to 100 changes. You can check out the full patch notes below:
New Assault Map: Horizon Lunar Colony
Built as a first step towards humanity’s renewed exploration of space, the Horizon Lunar Colony’s goal was to examine the effects of prolonged extraterrestrial habitation—on human and ape alike. The scientists’ research proved incredibly promising…until, suddenly, all contact and communications with the base were lost.
New Legendary Skins
- Oni Genji and Officer D.Va have been added to classic loot boxes
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Player gravity and projectile gravity can now be modified
- Knockback magnitude can now be modified on any weapons or abilities that have a knockback effect
- Jump height can now be modified
- Targets now begin locking on after 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds
- Damage accumulated over the first 1.0 seconds increased from 20 to 80 (damage per second after the first 1.0 seconds is unchanged)
- The Reaping (Passive)
- Removed health orbs
- Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health
- Head hitbox size reduced by 20%
- Scrap Gun
- Bullet damage decreased by 33%
- Fire rate increased by 30%
- Clip size increased from 4 to 5
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- A quick summary of each player’s most-played heroes is now available by highlighting the player in the Groups section of the Social menu (statistics displayed will dynamically change based on the mode/ruleset)
- A new “All Modes” option has been added to the Career Profile that allows players to view combined stats from all game modes
- A new “All Competitive Seasons” option has been added to the Career Profile that allows players to view combined stats from all Completive Play seasons
- The “Damage Done” statistic has been replaced with “Hero Damage Done” in multiple locations
- A new “Barrier Damage Done” statistic has been added to the Statistics section of the Career Profile, as well as an “All Damage Done” statistic, which combines damage done to barriers and heroes
- Averages are now calculated in 10-minute slices, rather than by the number of games played
- “Rate This Match” option no longer appears at the end of a match
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose progress on their On Fire meter, after the meter had been completely filled
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Health Pack respawn timers from displaying correctly after a player experienced latency
- Fixed a bug that could cause the announcer’s “select your hero” voice line to play during the end-of-match screen after Elimination games
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Z’s from appearing above a sleeping enemy during Elimination games
- Fixed a bug that caused your first win to appear as a loss in your Career Profile
Custom Game Browser
- Fixed a bug that prevented some settings from being properly displayed in the summary when viewing 3v3 Elimination presets
- Clarified an error message that appears when a player attempts to exit the Settings page with an invalid combination of settings
- Fixed a bug that caused the lighting from health packs to appear on Capture the Flag and Elimination maps even after health packs had been disabled
- Fixed a bug that allowed Torbjörn’s Armor Pack ability to function even after being disabled in custom settings
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from hearing the voice line that typically accompanies their ultimate if they executed the ultimate after being stunned
- Fixed a bug that could cause D.Va to become stuck if her mech was killed just as she summoned it
- Fixed a bug preventing Genji’s sound effects from playing if he used his primary attack immediately after a Swift Strike
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s movement from slowing while she fired her Fusion Driver
- Fixed a typo in Orisa’s “Satisfied with Protection” voice line
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Supercharger from being destroyed if run over by the payload
- Fixed a bug affecting the animation speed on Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer, causing the weapon to feel unresponsive while swinging
- [XB1/PS4] Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s skirt to clip inside of her feet during the Relax emote
- Fixed a typo in the description on Roadhog’s Junkenstein skin
- Fixed a bug that allowed enemy players to detect Sombra (while Stealth was active) if they were within a certain distance
- Fixed a bug causing Symmetra’s hair to take on an unnatural appearance when her Vishkar or Architech skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug with how Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook interacts with the flying drones on Oasis
- Fixed a bug on Volskaya Industries that prevented the ice from appearing broken when players fell off a ledge to their death
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Eichenwalde
- Fixed a bug that caused the Heroes of the Storm promotional portraits to appear locked, even after being unlocked
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error message in chat if you attempted to spectate a new player while already spectating another player
- Fixed a bug that could cause the chat window to be placed too high on the main menu, blocking menu options
- Fixed a bug preventing the UI from correctly showing which heroes are unavailable in Limited Duel games
- [PC] Fixed a bug that prevented text from wrapping in the Report Player text box
Blizzard says the patch should be available to download the next time you boot up the game.
Overwatch was originally released on May 24th, 2016, and is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.