Here’s When You Can Watch Overwatch League 2019 Season on ESPN and Disney XD
Overwatch League is will be on ESPN2, Disney XD, and ABC. Here is when and how you can catch all the action.
The 2019 Season of the Overwatch League is just upon us. Now with a total of 20 teams, there are more games than ever to watch during the season. However, this time around, you can catch some of the games on ESPN, Disney XD, and ABC throughout the year.
Those who use the ESPN App are in luck since all matches from Season 2019 will be viewable through the app. Disney XD will air three matches per week; it will include the final match of Thursday’s set of matches which begin at 8:30 p.m. PST and the first two matches from Sunday which begin at Noon and 1:30 p.m. PST. Certain matches will also get some airtime on ABC and ESPN2.
Like last year, each stage ends with the Stage Finals in which the two best teams from each division, as well as the next best six, will fight for some bonus prize money and bragging rights. Stage semi-finals and finals for Stage 1 and 2 will air on ABC; ESPN2 will air Stage 3 finals. Additionally, ABC will also air the All-Star Game. More info for Homestand Weekends, playoffs, and Grand Finals will be announced at a later date.
To prepare all of you for the 2019 Season, the Overwatch League is working with Overwatch streamers to bring you the Community Countdown. Overwatch League pros, broadcast talent, and streamers will compete in a series of different matches, all of which can be viewed on the Overwatch League Twitch channel. As of this writing, some of these matches may have occurred or are currently underway. Here is the schedule provided by the league:
Date: Saturday, Feb. 9
Format: Team Scrims
- Paris Eternal vs. New York Excelsior—12 p.m. PST
- Atlanta Reign vs. Boston Uprising—1:15 p.m. PST
- Toronto Defiant vs. Philadelphia Fusion—2:30 p.m. PST
- Washington Justice vs. San Francisco Shock—3:45 p.m. PST
- Florida Mayhem vs. Houston Outlaws—5 p.m. PST
Date: Sunday, Feb. 10
Format: Team Scrims
- Dallas Fuel vs. London Spitfire—12 p.m. PST
- Vancouver Titans vs. Los Angeles Gladiators—1:15 p.m. PST
- Guangzhou Charge vs. Los Angeles Valiant—2:30 p.m. PST
- Hangzhou Spark vs. Seoul Dynasty—3:45 p.m. PST
- Chengdu Hunters vs. Shanghai Dragons—5 p.m. PST
Date: Monday, Feb. 11
Format: 1v1 Ashe
- Hee-Dong “Guard” Lee (Spitfire) vs. Chunting “Kyo” Kong (Hunters)—6 p.m. PST
- Do-Hyeon “Pine” Kim (Excelsior) vs. Gui-Un “Decay” Jang (Gladiators)—6:15 p.m. PST
- Karol “Danye” Szcześniak (Eternal) vs. Weida “Diya” Lu (Dragons)—6:30 p.m. PST
- Kelsey “Colourhex” Birse (Uprising) vs. Jun-Hyeok “Bunny” Chae (Valiant)—6:45 p.m. PST
- Jeong-Woo “Sayaplayer” Ha (Mayhem) vs. Yiliang “Eileen” Ou (Charge)—7 p.m. PST
Date: Monday, Feb. 11
Format: 1v1 Ana Paintball
- Jun-Sung “Asher” Choi (Defiant) vs. Grant “Moth” Espe (Shock)—7:30 p.m. PST
- Simon “Snillo” Ekströmt (Fusion) vs. Ju-Seok “Twilight” Lee (Titans)—7:45 p.m. PST
- Petja “Masaa” Kantanen (Reign) vs. Ho-Jin “Idk” Park (Spark)—8 p.m. PST
- Shane “Rawkus” Flaherty (Outlaws) vs. Benjamin “Unkoe” Chevasson (Fuel)—8:15 p.m. PST
- Riley “Fahzix” Taylor (Justice) vs. Joon-Hyeok “Zunba” Kim (Dynasty)—8:30 p.m. PST
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 12
Format: Capture the Flag
- Atlanta vs. Chengdu—6 p.m. PST
- Paris vs. Guangzhou—6:45 p.m. PST
- Toronto vs. Hangzhou—7:30 p.m. PST
- Washington vs. Vancouver—8:15 p.m. PST
Date: Wednesday, 2/13
Format: 6v6 Showmatch
- Mr X
Season 2019 of the Overwatch League will begin next Thursday, February 14, at 4 p.m. PST. Yes, on Valentine’s Day, the Philadelphia Fusion and last year’s Grand Finals winner London Spitfire will be kicking things off. If TV isn’t you’re thing, you can watch every match on the Overwatch League’s official Twitch channel.
If you’re like me and get inspired to play games like Overwatch after you watch someone’s exceptional play, you can pick up Blizzard’s shooter right now for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Again, if you’re like me, you’ll also probably quit after the first match because you’re terrible and you should just stick to playing rhythm games that aren’t relevant anymore.