Blizzard Entertainment’s competitive shooter Overwatch has been a massive success since its debut by amassing a playerbase of over 30 million players, with the game’s next event to highlight the game’s one-year anniversary.
Blizzard has announced that the next event will be “Overwatch Anniversary,” which will celebrate the first anniversary of the game since it debuted in May 2016 with an event that will run in-game from May 23rd – June 12th, 2017. Included in the event will be a variety of new emotes, skins, voice lines, and more to unlock, as in previous events that the game has hosted.
In addition to the announcement of the new anniversary event, Blizzard will also be introducing a new Game of the Year Edition for the game that will release digitally across PS4, Xbox One, and PC with the following extras:
- 10 Loot Boxes with random items such as credits, skins, emotes, poses voice lines, sprays and highlight intros.
- Mercy’s wings for Diablo 3 players
- Tracer for Heroes of the Storm
- Hero Skins: Vintage skins for Blackwatch Reyes, Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer.
- StarCraft 2 in-game Portraits of Bastion, Tracer, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier: 76, and Winston.
- Overwatch-themed Hearthstone Card Back
- Baby Winston pet to use in World of Warcraft
- Overwatch-themed card back for Hearthstone
One last bonus that Blizzard will be providing in celebration of Overwatch‘s one-year anniversary is a free weekend to introduce new players to the game across all platforms. The free game weekend for Overwatch will run on consoles and PC from May 26th – 29th, 2017, and all players that purchase the game during the free trial period will have their progress carry over into the full game. The full schedule and times for when the free weekend begins can be found below.
Overwatch is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.