Overwatch Update 3.11 (Today, May 18) Patch Notes - Sombra Black Cat Skin
The latest Overwatch update delivers the anticipated Anniversary 2021 event.
Overwatch update 3.11 is now live across all platforms and it brings everything you need to celebrate the anniversary event of the game.
May 24th marks the official release date of Overwatch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC back in 2016. A Blizzard multiplayer first-person experience that won the Best Game award in The Game Awards 2016 ceremony.
- MORE FROM OVERWATCH: Funky Baptiste Legendary Skin Revealed
Overwatch was surely one of the game-changer multiplayer titles of the last generation of consoles, which has already made its way to the new consoles as well and will continue its legacy with Overwatch 2.
That said, we are still a long way from Overwatch 2. So, let’s just stick to the original entry for now and see what the new update has brought to the game.
Overwatch Update 3.11 Patch Notes
Nameplate Voice Icons:
Nameplates now indicate which teammates are speaking in Team or Group voice chat channels. This feature is also available for Match voice chat channels when enabled in Custom Games. The voice icon color will match the color of the voice chat channel players are speaking in.
Overwatch League Away (White) Skins:
Players who have previously earned a hero’s Overwatch League Home (Gray) skin through historical promotions will now be automatically granted that hero’s corresponding Overwatch League Away (White) skin.
Competitive Deathmatch Season 4 has begun! Now through June 8th, 2021, compete in Competitive 8-player free for all Deathmatch to earn a rank and rewards.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being selected on the player list within the replay controls when using a mouse
- Fixed a bug with team composition tips appearing on hero select in non-Role-Queue 6v6 game modes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hero Select from opening properly on Horizon Lunar Colony under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug that caused some heroes to not restore their ability charges immediately after respawning
- Fixed a bug that caused voice lines found in Loot Boxes to not play their waveforms when inspected
- Fixed a bug that caused players to become stuck on top of some map geometry
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on top of the bell
- Updated a location to no longer be reachable by players
- Fixed a bug that allowed phased out teammates to be healed by Baptiste’s Biotic Launcher
- Fixed a bug that caused the lingering aura of an expired Immortality Field to remain on a player who leaves the expired field’s area of effect
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat’s RIP-Tire to teleport to the floor if his ultimate is triggered from a high ledge
- Fixed a bug that caused the default RIP-Tire portrait to appear when equipping specific skins
- Fixed a bug that caused Toxic Roadhog’s hook to flicker on low settings
Overwatch is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The developers have already started working on Overwatch 2 and the game was supposed to launch in 2022, but with the departure of Jeff Kaplan, the game director, from Blizzard, the next installment of the Overwatch franchise might not arrive until 2023.