Klei Entertainment Posts Cute Video for Oxygen Not Included’s Cosmic Upgrade
Oxygen Not Included's Cosmic Upgrade has new features and critter updates in addition to performance enhancements and bug fixes.
This past week, Klei Entertainment post a cute short video for the latest update to Oxygen Not Included called the Cosmic Upgrade. It will bring quite a few new features and patches to the indie game.
In this update, the miner duplicates have broken through the crust of the asteroid to reveal space itself. Some of the new features available now include:
- Solar Light: The energy of a nearby star can be harnessed for electricity with Solar Panels.
- Meteor Showers: While free resources can be found in these meteor showers, they’re traveling at 16 kilometers per second, so players will need to track the meteor showers with the new Meteor Detector and protect their surface infrastructure with meteor-proof walls and shutters.
- New Elements: Steel, ceramics, glass, and other basic materials are now available.
- Windows and Walls: Windows are now transparent allowing light to pass through while keeping gasses and liquids where they are. Back walls offer protection against space.
There are also a few critter additions as well. They include:
- Updated Egg Economy: Eggs have gone through some changes such as becoming unviable if left in storage for too long.
- Updated Critter Artwork: Completed eggs and babies artwork.
- Automated Pen Management: Instead of just keeping critters, players can now ranch them.
Other changes include powered doors actually being powered, a power production rebalance, performance enhancements, and other bug fixes.
Oxygen Not Included and its Cosmic Upgrade is currently available in Early Access on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. It’s also on sale until June 21st for 20% off. You can check out the short video for its latest update below.