Swedish studio Flamebait Games announced the official release date for its art inspired game Passpartout. The game is schedueld to release on PC on June 6, 2017. Alongside the official release date announcement, we also received a new trailer, which can be seen below.
In the new trailer, which clocks in at a whopping 30 seconds, we are presented with some cool music and non-gameplay footage of a puppet painting. It was an interesting move to see the developers use this as their reveal trailer without showing any gameplay, but it shows the art simulator aspect of the game.
Mattias, CEO of Flamebait had this to say regarding the games design direction:
“Making an artist simulator as a first title might be brilliant or stupid from a business perspective but we’re proud of trying to bring something fresh to the indie game scene.”
Niklas, Programmer at Flaimbait spoke on programming the games AI:
“Programming an AI to judge art has been a weirdly fun experience. It’s going to be great to hear the players’ response to their rude remarks!”
If this is your first time hearing about Passpartout, here is a brief overview of the game’s premise and features:
Passpartout puts you into the shoes of a French artist trying to navigate the beautifully confusing art scene. Paint and sell your own art to survive your expensive wine and baguette addiction.
- Paint your own masterpieces! Even you can become the next Van Gogh!
- Battle with subjectivity and try to charm a variety of self-proclaimed art connoisseurs without losing your “artistic integrity”!
- Survive your wine and baguette bills. Will your addiction to baguettes be your downfall?
- Unlock fancier galleries and customers!
- Experience the French art world through a living puppet theater!
- Includes an amazing soundtrack by our favourite groovin’ dinosaurs Synkronosaurus
Passpartout is scheduled to release on PC on June 6, 2017.