Today, following the opening presentation of PlayStation Experience, Sony Interactive Entertainment distributed a press kit announcing Patapon 2 Remastered.
The game will come exclusively for PS4 in 2018, and it will be rendered either in 1080p or in dynamic 4K (of course, the latter option will be available only on PS4 Pro).
Of course, it’s a remaster of the original PSP game Patapon 2, that was released in Japan in 2008 and in the rest of the world the following year.
The title features “close to a hundred” missions and a variety of 2D environments. It also adds new Patapon characters on top of those of the first game, including bird riders, robots and magicians, on top of the Hero Patapon, a fully customizable warrior.
Shield and weapon upgrades will also be available, on top of a lot more features. Below you can check out a bulleted list laying them out for you.
- Patapon Evolution – Improve your troops fighting and defense skills by leveling up or evolving into other Patapon forms.
- Create your own Patapon Hero – Introducing the new Patapon Hero, a prized fighter that you can customize to fit any sort of fighting style desired. Unlock new abilities by mixing weapons and Patapon Hero masks.
- Additional Patapons – Discover the new ranks of Patapons: Toripon the flying bird riders; Robopon mech warriors and Mahopon the magicians. Unlock these new warriors to fight alongside all the original warriors in Patapon.
- Three Additional Commands and Miracles – More drumbeat commands allow for different tactics and gameplay action in this version of Patapon.
- Mission Variety – Take part in more than 80 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover up to 22 bosses and access hundreds of new items and weapons throughout the adventure
- Unique Art Style – French graphic artist Rolito, noted for his abstract art style seen in collectible toys, animation, and websites, lends his skills to create a variety of unique characters and environments, bringing the Patapon world to life.
- Mini-Games – Seven music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
This comes hot on the heels of Patapon Remastered, that launched exclusively for PS4 back in August.
The press release also included the first screenshots in 4K, that you can enjoy below.