Following Sony Interactive Entertainment’s press conference at E3 2017, the house of PlayStation sent in a press release with new assets and a release window for Patapon Remastered.
The remaster of the classic PSP rhythm/action/platformer game is coming this summer, and at the bottom of the post you can see a cover (even if it’ll be released only digitally), and a few new screenshots in 4K.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, the press release also includes an official description and a batch of bullet points breaking down the game’s features:
Patapon is an innovative, rhythm-based 2D platform/action game marching to PlayStation®4 with revitalized graphics output in 4K resolution and 1080p. An iconic PlayStation game, players are tasked with leading the colorful Patapons, a brave and noble tribe, through a series of epic battles against opposing armies and gigantic monsters. In a distinct gameplay twist, action and rhythm are intertwined as players utilize drumbeats to march, attack, and defend, ultimately leading the Patapon tribe to victory.
For years the Patapon tribe has lived in the desolate frontier, driven from their home by the evil Zigoton army. Behind the Patapons’ cute exterior, lies a fierce warrior spirit that can only be commanded by the beat of their God’s war drum. They wait for the day that the “Almighty” will return, to lead them against their enemies and bring them back to their homeland. Finally, their wait has come to an end as the drums of war are heard once again.
- 2160p Resolution – 4K and 1080p resolution offer the smoothest lines and textures possible for output to modern televisions.
- Rhythm and Action Collide – Master up to six different drumbeats to command the Patapon troops to march, attack, defend, power up, retreat, and use magic. Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the Zigoton enemy forces.
- Strategic Gaming – Patapon delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle.
- Mission Variety – Take part in more than 30 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover and access more than 100 items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Mini-Games – Five music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
- Music – Captivating and dramatic original music builds dynamically as players march and encounter enemy battles throughout each level.
The remaster was announced back in December at PlayStation Experience, and it’s finally coming.
You can check out all the assets below.