Patch Notes and Servers Down For Outriders Update Today (September 2)
Today's update doesn't require players to download a new patch
People Can Fly, the developers behind Outriders, have revealed that the servers will be taken down for a small update today (September 2), as well as some standard server maintenance.
If you’re wondering why you can’t play Outriders at the moment, it’s due to the scheduled downtime. But don’t worry, it isn’t expected to last long. In the meantime, here’s exactly what the Outriders update on September 2 is for.
- READ MORE: Square Enix Commissioned Cosplayer to Recreate the Grim Marrow from Outriders
Are Outriders Servers Down?
Yes, People Can Fly has announced some short server downtime at 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 4PM BST for Outriders so that some essential server maintenance can be completed.
The developers unfortunately didn’t detail how long the servers would be down for, but it’s usually around 30 minutes based on previous updates.
- READ MORE: Patch Notes For Watch Dogs Legion Update 5.51 Today (September 2)
Outriders September 2 Update & Patch Notes
Although the servers for Outriders will be down today, a new patch won’t actually be required for download. However, some changes are being made via an in-game update.
According to People Can Fly, the server maintenance is actually to deploy some buffs to a few different weapon mods. They will reportedly be sharing full details on these changes once the downtime commences.
Although there are some changes being deployed today, the developers have stated that they are still working on a proper patch for Outriders. Unfortunately, they have run into multiple issues that have caused the update to be delayed.
Fans can read all about the upcoming patch in the Dev News Blog Post over on Reddit. Or stay tuned for details on today’s update as we will be updating this article once patch notes are released for the Outriders update on September 2.
UPDATE: The changes made in today’s update have been revealed. Check them out below. These notes were taken from the official developer post on Reddit, players can get more details there.
Weapon Mods Buffed
- Winter Blast has had its AOE range increased to 5m (Previously: 4m)
- Ultimate Anomaly Surge has had its damage increased by 137% (From base 25 to 34.25)
- Claymore Torrent has had its explosion damage increased by 210% (From base 30.6 to 64.26)
- Ultimate Storm Whip has had its damage increased by 140% (From base 23 to 32.2)
- Strings of Gauss has had its damage increased by 262% (From base 24.5 to 64)