Patch Notes For The Ascent Update Today (August 27)
The update is now available on Steam!
A brand new update for The Ascent has been deployed on Steam today (August 27), with plenty of bug fixes.
There isn’t much to get excited about in the new update for The Ascent, but if you’ve been experiencing any gameplay or save progress issues, there’s a good chance that this patch will rectify them.
Unfortunately though, today’s patch is only available for Steam as of writing. The update is “in deployment process” for Windows 10 and Xbox users.
The developers didn’t give an exact date on its arrival, but it will likely be within the next week or so, based on previous patches.
- MORE: The Ascent Looks Stunning With This First-Person View Mod
What’s In The Ascent Patch #2?
Today’s update, which is currently only available on Steam, appears to fix a large number of bugs and makes some other minor changes.
Most notably, Ray Tracing will now be automatically set to ‘off’ on all platforms, whilst the rest of the patch aims to fix plenty of other bugs. No new content was included in today’s update. But for the full list of changes, check out the patch notes below.
- READ MORE: Does The Ascent Support Crossplay and Co-op Mode?
Patch Notes For The Ascent Update On August 27
Below you will find the full list of changes for The Ascent update deployed on August 27. These patch notes were taken directly from the developer’s website.
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is now the default for Windows Store Players.
- DX11 is now supported for Windows Store.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Coop
Save Progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Character Shirts could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed an issue where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed