PC System Requirements for Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Revealed
Released on October 23, 2015 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate journeys into the 19th century at the end of the Industrial Revolution — a time when the world began its transition from archaic hand production methods to machines. Whilst I would love to sit here and go in-depth on the story arc, I prefer to not regurgitate what some of you already know, or spoil what some of you don’t and want to experience; especially if you’re a PC gamer waiting for the the game’s November 19th release date. And speaking of PC…
Ubisoft has revealed the following system requirements for the PC version of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, which should shed some light on whether or not your system is up to spec to run the game:
- Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
- RAM: 6GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
- DirectX: DirectX June Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Of course, beefier options exist which include costly things like “multi-gpu’s,” but, based on what Ubisoft states, the recommended specs should suffice.
For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings.
For those of you sporting an NVIDIA card, know that you’ll be treated to some NVIDIA-exclusive features which includes TXAA (Temporal Anti-Aliasing only on NVIDIA hardware), HBAO+ (Ambient Occlusion), PCSS (Soft Shadows), and G-Sync support. Additional details can be found on Ubisoft’s page.
I remember the good ol’ days when games like Doom ran on an 486 processor running at 66MHz (that’s right, MHz), 8MB of RAM, 40MB of disk space and Windows 95… then again, let’s look at how far visuals have come… and now it’s time to feel old.