ATLUS USA announced today that their highly anticipated JRPG Persona 5 will come out in North America on February 14, 2017 for both PS4 and PS3. This comes almost five months after its launch in Japan, where it will release on September 15th, 2016.
They also announced that there will be a special launch edition and a “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition. You can look at the details of the two editions below.
- SteelBook Launch Edition – PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99) Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition– PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member-and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book:This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box
The PS3 version of the game will cost less, coming for for $49.99/CA$59.99, but will only include the regular box with no frills.
Below you can check out the official box art, a mock up of the premium edition, and of the steelbook.