Persona 5's Fifth Character Named, Famous Thieves Make Up the Main Persona Roster
Additional information on the Persona 5 cast of characters as well as their respective Persona names has been released through Hachima Kikou via Persona Central . In the livestream of the Special Persona Event which took place Saturday in Japan, we got a glimpse at the opening movie which showed another major character painting. Now we have a name for that character, Yusuke Kitagawa. He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, most known for his role as Ragna in Blazblue, and Joseph Joestar in the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure anime.
- Kitagawa’s Persona is Goemon, a legendary Japanese outlaw who was boiled alive after a failed assassination attempt. Kitagawa also comes from Kousei Public High School, a different school than the other protagonists.
- The main protagonist’s Persona is Arsene, based on the fictional gentlemen thief Arsene Lupin created by French writer Maurice Leblanc. You may also recognize the surname Lupin due to the famous Japanese manga series Lupin III who is a direct descendent of Arsene.
- Ryuji’s Persona is Captain Kidd, the famous Scottish privateer who may have been wrongly executed for piracy in 1701.
- Morgana’s Persona is Zorro, the famous half-Native American, half-Spanish hero of numerous pulp books who defied the Spanish rulers of Los Angeles in the early 1800’s.
- Lastly is Ms. Takamaki whose Persona is Carmen, possibly based on Carmen Sandiego due to the largely red outfit and lack of any other Carmen named thieves. UPDATE: Carmen is probably actually based on the French opera of the same name, which revolved around the downfall of Don José who is seduced by Carmen the gypsy (thanks Neuronerd).