Planet Coaster Free Spring Update Gets Official Release Date
The second major expansion for Planet Coaster will release for free on April 11, 2017.
Frontier Developments announced today the official release date for their upcoming Spring Update for the wildly popular, Planet Coaster. The Spring Update is Planet Coaster’s second major expansion following the Winter Update which released in December.
The update is bringing new roller coasters, a new tracked ride, new flatrides, and a new feature ‘Crime and Security’. The Spring Update will be free and available to all Planet Coaster players on April 11. 2017.
Here is a complete breakdown of the content being released with the Spring Update, courtesy of Frontier Developments:
- Steel Hydra. Feel the G-force aboard Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster.
- Trident. Go there and back again with the first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters.
- Bakasura. Trident’s bigger, badder brother is a thrilling inverted boomerang coaster.
New Tracked Ride
- ‘Speed’ Go Karts. Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s powerful track editor and see your guests put pedal to the metal! Who will win and who will spin?
- Elixir Machine. 360 degrees of spinning, swinging, twisting, upside-down insanity.
- Big Wheel. An iconic favorite from the golden age of theme parks.
- ZoZo. The long-armed ZoZo is another addition to Planet Coaster’s lineup of vintage classics.
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras.
Planet Coaster is currently available on PC via Steam for $44.99.