Play The PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One At San Diego Comic-Con Next Week
Sorry New Yorkers: no word yet on whether the same will happen in the Big Apple this year, but we do know San Diego’s about to get a taste of next-gen.
Thanks to GameInformer, we know that earlier today Sony announced playable demos of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita titles for the convention, and that just two hours later, Microsoft also confirmed that they would have games available to play.
Sony’s list of games on the show floor include:
- For the PS4: Driveclub, Knack, and Octodad: Dadliest Catch;
- For the PS3: Gran Turismo 6, Diablo III, Puppeteer, Beyond: Two Souls, and Batman: Arkham Origins;
- For the Vita: Tearaway, Killzone: Mercenary, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Dragon’s Crown, Spelunky, and The Walking Dead.
Microsoft will have two areas for games:
- An Xbox One booth that features Ryse: Son of Rome and Killer Instinct, with other titles to be confirmed soon;
- And an Xbox Lounge, ten titles will “be offered,” including Dead Rising 3, Halo: Spartan Assault, and the first hands-on opportunity with Halo 4 Champions Bundle. 2K Games, Capcom, Disney Interactive, Konami, Ubisoft, and Warner Brothers will also have games in the lounge.
With all of the divisive opinions or conflicting reports on next-gen quality, the Xbox One’s capabilities, and the PS4’s potential, it’s pretty hard to get a good idea of what’s coming at the end of the year: so if you’re visiting the San Diego Comic Con this year between Thursday July 17 and Sunday July 21, you might want to take a look for yourself (and let us know what you think on Twitter @DualShockers!).