PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One Gets New Patch With Performance Updates and More
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets a new update on Xbox One largely to improve quality of life, solve memory crashes, enhance performance, and more.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was one of the biggest success stories of 2017 and while the Xbox One version of the game that released last month has struggled to match the experience of its PC counterpart, new updates are coming to bring the experience up to par, including the latest patch that is improving some of the technical aspects of the game.
Over on the official forums for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, a new patch (and set of patch notes) was unveiled for the Xbox One version of PUBG, as developer PUBG Corps has been “working diligently to elevate the overall player experience” of the Game Preview version of the title on Xbox.
Specifically, the new update consists mostly of “quality of life” fixes while also working to improve performance and memory crashes that the Xbox One version has been known for since it debuted in December. PUBG Corps acknowledged that there is “still work remaining in order for us to reproduce and address all remaining issues,” but the latest update seems at least on the right track to improve the game experience on Xbox One.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is available now on PC and Xbox One – for a closer look at the updates from the most recent patch, you can check out the full patch notes below:
- Aim acceleration can now be adjusted by players via in-game option
- Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles. We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates
- FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA/EU/and Oceanic servers. We will open other modes within those regions as concurrency allows
- Fixed an issue that caused indoor lighting and shadows to appear too dark and blueish
- Analog stick acceleration added while exiting the plane and while parachuting
- PhysX performance enhancements
- Server FPS slightly increased
- Client FPS slightly increased
- Some VFX received slight optimizations
- Music on/off option added
Addressed a number of known crashes
Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same source