Working in collaboration with the music streaming giant Spotify, the PlayStation Music app launched in March 2015 and in not even a year’s time, Sony has revealed the app’s tremendous (and record-breaking) success.
In a new post on the PlayStation Blog, Sony detailed that the PlayStation Music app has reached over 11 million total downloads since its launch in March 2015, with it becoming “one of the one of the most downloaded apps in PlayStation history,” and reaching over 190 million hours of music being played through Spotify on the app.
Specifically, Sony also released the top 10 most played tracks through the PlayStation Music app for 2015, while also highlighting that FIFA 15, NBA 2K15, and Destiny were some of the top games that players utilized the background music feature of PlayStation Music in:
- 679 (feat. Remy Boyz) — Fetty Wap
- Know Yourself — Drake
- Nasty Freestyle — T-Wayne
- See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth) — Wiz Khalifa
- Hotline Bling — Drake
- Trap Queen — Fetty Wap
- Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) — Silentó
- Post To Be (feat. Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko) — Omarion
- B**** Better Have My Money — Rihanna
- The Hills — The Weeknd