Developer PolyKid took to Twitter today to announce that its 3D platformer Poi, which was originally slated for the Wii U, will be coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year.
— Poi (@PolyKidGames) June 5, 2017
For those who love 3D platformers and want to know more about Poi, check out this overview from the game’s Steam page:
Poi is a 3D platformer featuring two kids on a grand adventure to unravel the mysteries of the Milky Way Globe. Explore uncharted lands, compete in challenge levels, meet quirky characters and defeat comical creatures on a journey to become a Master Explorer.
- Adventure: Explore the world in search of 100+ Explorer Medallions.
- Challenge: Set the fastest times in global online leaderboards.
- Mastery: Learn to pull off wall jumps, triple jumps, rolling long jumps and more.
- Original Soundtrack: Listen to original compositions from composer Lyndon Holland.
- Controller Support: Plug & play support for dozens of devices.
The developers have not stated whether or not this means the Wii U version of the game is cancelled, but that seems likely as the Switch is the more popular and relevant Nintendo console on the market right now. Poi is currently only available on PC, but is also coming to to PS4 and Xbox One later this year. You can see the game in action for yourself with the gameplay trailer below.