Pokémon Global Link Service Ending for Current-Gen, New Service to Start for Sun and Moon Versions
The official Pokémon Global Link site announced that the current global link services for Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will come to an end late October 2016.
After the service ends, players will not be able to link the aforementioned titles with PGL. The servers will be updated at this point to work with the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Moon versions releasing in November.
The following conditions will be enacted once the servers ends for the current-gen games:
- New registration of a game is still available until the current service ends. However, please note that the service that works with Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y will end, and you won’t be able to use various features.
- You can’t transfer Poké Miles from the Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Yversion of the PGL to the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon version of the PGL.
- If you use Game Sync, the message “The service has been discontinued. (Error Code: 090-0211)” will be displayed.
- You can keep trading Pokémon at the Global Trade Station (GTS), but you won’t be able to see your trading log on the PGL.
- After the current service ends, you won’t be able to participate in Random Matchup Rating Battles with Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y.
- Even after the current service ends, you’ll be able to keep enjoying the features of Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y using the Internet, such as Random Matchup Free Battles, the GTS, and Wonder Trades.
Meanwhile as a thank you to players who supported PGL to this point, a 50 percent off “Thanks Campaign” for all items and attractions in the PokéMileage Club will begin at the end of maintenance on Tuesday, July 26