Pokemon GO A Mega Moment Special Research Tasks and Rewards
A game changer when it comes to Mega Evolutions.
Pokemon GO is finally getting some much needed changes related to Mega Evolutions and with it has come a new Special Research titled A Mega Moment.
Mega Evolutions were pretty controversial when they were added to the game, as many people saw them as forcing people to spend money to do enough Mega Raids to get Mega Energy for one-time use Mega Evolutions.
Thankfully, Niantic has listened to the fans after all this time and has finally changed course with some major changes that should make players very happy.
- MORE: Find out details about the Pokemon GO crossover with the TCG.
What Is New With Mega Evolutions In Pokemon GO?
Niantic is implementing a number of changes related to Mega Evolutions, starting first and foremost with the fact that you no longer have to have Mega Energy to continually evolve your Pokemon. Instead, you will just have to have the Mega Energy the first time and then will have a cooldown before you can do it again without any cost. However, you can spend additional Mega Energy to reduce the time you have to wait for the cooldown.
In addition, Mega Evolution raids are also going to be made easier to where fewer people will be required to complete them, though we do not know to what degree of reduction in difficulty this will mean yet.
One very helpful addition is the ability to Mega Evolve Pokemon from the raid and battle prep screens, which was not possible at all before.
Lastly, Pokemon GO is introducing what are known as Mega Levels, which increase the more you Mega Evolve your Pokemon. This will lead to more bonuses being active while your Pokemon is Mega Evolved, including the following directly from the Pokemon GO blog:
- Increased chance of earning Candy XL when you catch Pokémon that are the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- Increased XP for catching Pokémon that are the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- A Pokémon’s rest period decreases as its Mega Level increases.
A Mega Moment Special Research Tasks and Rewards
The A Mega Moment Special Research is one of the rare researches in Pokemon GO with a split path based on a choice between three options.
The key for this Special Research is to give you plenty of Mega Energy for a specific Kanto starter’s final evolution between Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. As a result, you should check to see how much Mega Energy you have for each one prior and pick the one you are lacking Mega Energy in.
- Catch 3 Pokemon – Bulbasaur encounter
- Catch 3 Pokemon – Charmander encounter
- Catch 3 Pokemon – Squirtle encounter
- Rewards – 500 XP, 200 Stardust, 10x Poke Balls
- Pick Venusaur, Charizard, or Blastoise path
- Catch 5 Pokemon – 10x Poke Balls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – 10x Great Balls
- Power up Pokemon 5 times – 10x Razz Berries
- Rewards – 200x Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Mega Energy, 1x Premium Battle Pass, Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise encounter
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy – 50x Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Mega Energy
- Power up Pokemon 10 times – 50x Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Mega Energy
- Mega Evolve a Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise
- Rewards – 1,000 XP, 600 Stardust, 100x Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Mega Energy
- Win a raid – 5x Revives
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Grunt – 2x Silver Pinap Berries
- Take a snapshot of your buddy – 6x Hyper Potions
- Rewards – 2,000 Stardust, 1,500 Stardust, 100x Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise Mega Energy
As you can see, the entire Special Research is reliant on that choice of starter evolution at the conclusion of Step 1. You will have as long as you want to complete this Special Research, but make sure to take advantage so you can get a jump on the new Mega Evolution perks as soon as possible.