Niantic announced today that Pokémon GO is now available on Apple Watch.
The Apple Watch version of the game was announced back in September, but was not mentioned much after its announcement, leading many to believe that it was cancelled. Niantic recently told fans on Twitter that the Apple Watch version of the hit mobile game was coming soon, and this release makes it clear that they were telling the truth.
While you do still have to catch Pokémon with your iPhone, the Apple Watch version of Pokémon GO has the following features:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
You can look at some screenshots of the Apple Watch version of the game below. Pokémon GO is available on Android and iOS.