No doubt if you’ve caught the Pokemon GO bug you have been affected by sporadic crashes, server issues, and perhaps been worried about your privacy. Developer Niantic has started responding to these concerns with the two recent updates pushed to mobile platforms.
Update 1.0.1 brought a handful of much requested performance improvements, specifically:
- Trainers do [not have to enter] their username and password repeatedly after a force log out
- Added stability to Pokemon Trainer Club account log-in process
- Resolved issues causing crashes
- Fixed Google account scope
Meanwhile, Update 1.0.2 which came the very next day included the following fix:
- Fixes for Pokemon Trainer Club login
Along with these updates, Niantic included a brief thank you message expressing their gratitude towards the game’s rather unsuspecting popularity:
Thank you for your incredible response and support of Pokemon GO! We are working hard to improve the experience for everyone…. [W]e are humbled by the overwhelming response. Thank you!
While very few doubted that the game would be successful among fans, the veteran developer likely didn’t believe that they were about to publish the most popular mobile game in US history.