Pokemon GO Referral Code System Live - All Rewards, Locations and Criteria
Here are the details about the new POGO Referral system.
Recently, Niantic announced a referral system for their incredibly popular AR hit, Pokemon GO.
The news came hot off the Season of Legends announcement and confirmed that players who referred friends to the game could earn a bunch of great rewards.
That system has now gone live, and here are all the details you need to know about it, including all the rewards you can receive.
- ULTRA LEAGUE – Pokemon GO: Best Ultra League Team for GO Battle League Season 7
The Pokémon GO referral feature is now available to Trainers in Australia! Stay tuned for more information on when the feature will be available in your region. https://t.co/tl52ydbTNt pic.twitter.com/YHsJC4qdab
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) March 17, 2021
Where is the new system live?
Unfortunately, as Niantic do, the system is set to only be live in specific locations around the world. This time out, lucky players in Australia will be the guinea pigs testing the new service out.
What are the rewards and the criteria?
Each player will receive their own unique referral code. This can then be shared with players to invite them to Pokemon GO. Should a friend then sign up, using this code, both players will be eligible for rewards. Players can also use their referral code to invite players back to the game who have been absent for more than 90 days. New players will then be able to complete a range of challenges that will unlock themself and their referrer a bunch of rewards.
The rewards are as follows (Thanks u/ZoeTwoDotss on Reddit):
- Defeat 3 Team GO Rocket Grunts – Pokemon Encounter
- Catch 1000 Pokemon – 3x Incense
- Earn 50 Candies walking with your buddy – 30x Rare Candies
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader – 50x Mega Energy
- Give your buddy 50 treats – Pokemon Encounter
- Win 20 raids – 5x Super Incubator
- Visit PokeStops 30 days in a row – Pokemon Encounter
- Trade Pokemon 5 Times – 10x Pidgey Stickers
- Catch 50 Pokemon – Pokemon Encounter
- Win 3 Raids – 1x Premium Raid Pass
- Make 2 new friends – 10x Pikachu Stickers
- Hatch 3 Eggs – Pokemon Encounter
- Make 100 Nice Throws – 2x Super Incubator
- Hatch 20 Eggs – Pokemon Encounter
- Win a raid – Pokemon Encounter
What’s next for the Pokemon GO Referral System?
Niantic will likely assess how well it works, how many people are using it, if it gets abused and how fair the rewards are. Following that, should it be successful, it will be rolled out around the world, usually starting with all players at level 40 and above.