Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration Event 2021 – Event Tasks, Rewards, Timed Research, Collection Challenges and More
Here is all you need to know about the Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration Event.
Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto served as a reminiscence of the first season of the anime and gave players a trip down the memory lane. Featuring a number of new Pokemon and their shiny variants, the event was divided into multiple parts, each focusing on one part of the Kanto region. Players also had a chance to capture the legendary shiny Mew upon completing the masterwork research task. After the conclusion of the event, Niantic has more to offer for fans out there.
The Kanto celebration event will run for a week after the conclusion of the Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto. The event started at 10:00 a.m. local time on Sunday, February 21, and will continue till 8:00 p.m. local time on Saturday, February 27, 2021. While the event is pretty long, there are quite a number of tasks players need to finish in order to get the rewards. As part of the event, players need to complete timed research that has four stages. Each stage has a plethora of rewards, so make sure you finish all the stages. Here is all you need to know about the Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration Event 2021 (courtesy of u/SilphScience).
Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration Event – Timed Research Tasks & Rewards
- Power up Pokemon 5 times: Paras encounter
- Transfer 6 Pokemon: Geodude encounter
- Catch 20 Pokemon: Rhyhorn encounter
- Rewards: Onix encounter, 3 Razz Berries, 40 Venusaur Mega Energy
- Defeat 3 Team GO Rocket Grunts: Ekans encounter
- Catch 2 Shadow Pokemon: Drowzee encounter
- Catch 20 Pokemon: Koffing encounter
- Rewards: Grimer encounter, 1000 XP, 40 Charizard Mega Energy
- Take a snapshot of a Water-type Pokemon: Staryu encounter
- Catch 20 Water-type Pokemon: Shellder encounter
- Catch 25 Pokemon: Tentacool encounter
- Group rewards: Omanyte encounter, 3 Pinap Berries, 40 Blastoise Mega Energy
- Power up Pokemon 10 times: Porygon encounter
- Send 3 gifts to friends: Jynx encounter
- Catch 25 Pokemon: Eevee encounter
- Group rewards: Aerodactyl encounter, 2500 XP, 1 Rare Candy
Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration Event – Collection Challenges
Alongside that, players can also take part in the various Collection Challenges throughout the course of the event. These are only available to the players who bought Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto Ticket. Here are the various collection challenges.
- Pallet Town
- Pewter City
- Cerulean City
- Fuchsia City
- Pokémon League
The last two challenges are based on the color of the event you chose. If you chose Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto Red, you will need to Trade a Pokemon available in the Green version and use Incense to catch a Pokemon present in the Red version and vice versa.
That’s pretty much all you need to know about the Pokemon Go Kanto Celebration event. You can learn more about the upcoming Pokemon Go events in our guide here.