No force in Japan can stop the critter catching phenomenon that is Pokémon Black/White. The game slams into the number one position once more with sales of nearly 170,000. If you’re sharp, then you remember the at least two other times we reported such a feat.
Furthermore, it stopped Nintendo’s own Kirby: Epic Yarn from securing the number one spot. See the listing below:
- Pokemon Black/Pokemon White (DS) – 168,541
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Wii) – 92,280
- Lord of Arcana (PSP) – 69,932
- Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (DS) – 31,247
- Red Dead Redemption (PS3) – 26,293
- Wii Party (Wii) – 23,304
- Gekijouban Macross F Itsuwari no utahime Hybrid Pack (PSP) – 18,071
- Yakuza Black Panther (PSP) – 11,263
- Ken to mahou to gakuenmono 3 (PSP) – 9,848
- Dead Rising 2 (PS3) – 9,761
And the hardware sales:
Pokémon is quickly becoming one of the biggest Japanese games this year, not to mention the fact that it has only been on the market for a month. Here’s to hoping that its success is at least similar in the states when it releases next spring.