Pokemon Unite - All Held Items and Battle Items, Which is Best?
Pokemon Unite is finally here and is The Pokemon Company’s answer to games like the incredibly popular League of Legends.
The game falls into the MOBA (Massively Online Battle Arena) genre and sees two teams of five players going head to head to score points and win the game.
Players can choose from a wide array of different Pokemon, each falling into one of five roles, in order to fill out their team and take on the opposition.
Alongside the Pokemon choice, there are tons of other tactical choices to be made in Pokemon Unite, including which Held Items and Battle Items to use – here is every option in the game to give you an idea.
Pokemon Unite – All Held Items
There are currently a total of 16 Held Items available in Pokemon Unite. Players can hold a total of three of these items heading into battle – they are as follows:
- Buddy Barrier – Grants the user + a nearby ally with low HP a shield equal to 20% Max HP.
- Focus Band – When the user drops to low HP, each second for three seconds, it recovers 2% of the HP it lost.
- Assault Vest – Nullifies Sp.Atk damage equal to 9% of max HP when not in combat.
- EXP Share – Gains 2 EXP Points per second when it has the fewest EXP Points on the team.
- Float Stone – Movement speed +10% when not in combat
- Wise Glasses – Increases Sp.Atk by 3
- Sp.Atk Specs – Sp.Atk increases by 8 when user scores a goal.
- Energy Amplifier – After using its Unite Move, damage dealt is briefly increased by 7%.
- Leftovers – Recovers 1% HP per second when not in combat.
- Rocky Helmet – After a certain point, deals extra damage equal to 3% of opposing Pokemon’s max HP.
- Muscle Band – When basic attacks hit, damage increases by 1% of opposing Pokemon’s remaining HP.
- Scope Lens – Increases damage of basic attack critical hits.
- Aeos Cookie – When the Pokemon scores a goal, its max HP increases by 100.
- Score Shield – Whole a Pokemon is attempting to score, it receives a shield equivalent to 5% of its max HP. Pokemon can not be interupted while this shield is active.
- Shell Bell – When the Pokemon hits with a move, it recovers a minimum of 45 HP. The higher its SP. Atk, the more HP it recovers.
- Attack Weight – When the Pokemon Scores, its Atk is increased by 6.
These items can also be levelled up to receive higher stats as you progress and earn more currency.
Pokemon Unite – All Battle Items
Alongside the 16 Held Items, Pokemon Unite incorporates eight different Battle Items. These are effectively consumables and only one can be bought along into each battle – they are below:
- Potion – Restores some HP
- Eject Button – Quickly moves your Pokemon away
- Fluffy Tail – Leaves wild Pokemon unable to act and increases damage to those Pokemon
- X Attack – Raises Pokemon’s Attack and Sp.Atk for a period
- Full Heal – Removes all status conditions from your Pokemon and makes them immune to them for a short time
- Goal-Getter – Doubles goal-scoring speed for a period
- Slow Smoke – Creates a cloud which slows down opposition Pokemon
- X Speed – Increases the movement speed of your Pokemon and prevents them from being slowed down
Which is best?
There’s no hard and fast rule to say which item is best, it’s all about how you spec your Pokemon.
There are two lines of thinking – do you use items that help to counter a Pokemon’s weakest stats, or do you use items to strengthen them further in the areas they are already good in?