Poncho Creators’ Homeless Survival Game CHANGE Launches on Kickstarter
Delve Interactive — the creators of the PONCHO — has launched its new game, CHANGE, on Kickstarter.
According to Delve Interactive, CHANGE, is an “emotional” homeless survival experience that is set in a randomly generated city with rogue like elements.
The following features rundown is provided:
- An endless city to explore filled with randomly generated npcs and environments, unique to every playthrough.
- Develop perks by experimenting with different methods of survival
- Beg, busk or work your way to finding a new home
- Randomly generated night events lets you develop your own story
- Find companions, find shelter, and forage for food
- A complete weather system will force you to adjust your survival strategy in rain and snow
- Build your own inventory with food, items for survival and more
- Experience a beautifully composed emotional soundtrack
But why a game about homelessness? Well according to Delve Interactive, it feels “it’s a new experience that niche players will want, as well as it being a subject that feels close to us. ” The developer continues:
We’ve done a ton of research into living on the streets. Everything in the game is reflection of that, we don’t pull any punches with the seriousness and the emotional aspects of homelessness and we don’t use any stereotypes of the matter. But at the same time this is a game that will leave it’s mark on players who delve into it and they will find it to be a gem that they will remember. It’s all about allowing players to answer the question: “If you became homeless… what would you do?”.
Unlike many games that pop up on Kickstarter: CHANGE is only asking for a modest $3,866 USD. According to Delve Interactive, most of the game’s funding came from personal savings; however, it needs a small amount to push through releasing the game. Without it, it may not be able to release for at least for another year, if at all.
In development for PC, mobile devices, and possibly consoles (if enough money is generated), CHANGE is aiming to release sometime late August 2017. However, if it misses that window the game will be pushed to January 2018, in order to avoid the AAA rush of fall.
A price-point is unknown at this point. Below, you can check out the game’s latest trailer: