Portal Knights Free Trial Is on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; Full Game Coming Soon
Portal Knights, by developer Keen Games, is soon coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but ahead of its release, console gamers can download the game's free trial.
Keen Games’ sandbox RPG Portal Knights has been in Steam Early Access since for some time, but the game is now on course to come be released on release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as evidenced by the free trial on digital stores.
Today, the game’s developer announced that the trial, out today, will allow Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players to access the first stage of the game, giving them the opportunity to create a character and understand the basics of the game’s combat and crafting systems.
For a brief overview, here’s a list of the core gameplay features of Portal Knights, but for the full introduction, definitely check out the game’s Steam page.
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds — each one with unique environments, creatures, and resources for crafting.
- Tactical action combat. Strike your foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced 3rd-person battles. Choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- RPG character classes to choose from and master. Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customize your appearance, abilities, and gear.
- Mine and gather resources from across the lands to craft your arsenal and supplies.
- Build your home with dozens of materials and furnishings. Display the hard-earned treasure from your journeys. Plant a farm and reap your harvest as your crops grow in real time.
- Epic boss battles. Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas.
- Join your friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer. Work together to build structures, explore dungeons, and overcome the toughest perils.
Apparently, if you play the trial and end up liking the Portal Knights enough, all of your progress will carry over if you decide to purchase the game when it releases on May 23.