Portal Knights Gets Massive Update; Adds New Quests And More
Portal Knights Update 1.1 includes three new quests, new pets, new armor, a new island, and more.
Today developer Keen Games and publisher 505 Games revealed a brand new update for their game Portal Knights.
A major highlight of the new update is that it includes three new quests: Trials of Strength, Trials of Delving, and Trials of Agility. After completing each of these quests, players will be able to unlock a whole new Mediterranean-themed island to explore. In addition to that, some other updates include recipes for nine new sets of armor, three new pet dog variants, new improvements to dungeons, and the ability to toggle the split-screen direction.
The patch includes over 30 additions and changes. You can check out the full list of them below:
- Option to toggle the split screen direction (We’ve now included vertical split screen.)
- Host player can now kick players by right clicking their name on the map screen and choose “kick”. This kick is connected with a ban for the game session. After closing and reopening the session the kicked player can join again.
- Confirmation message for the Back to Title button
- New active portal VFX
- Kolemis Temple Trials Event
- Trial island with NPCs presenting the quests of the new culture of the Pillars
- Trial of Strength (Be the last one standing!)
- Trial of Delving (Beware of the explosive barrels!)
- Trial of Agility (The floor is lava!)
- New island theme with new music, plants and scatter
- Reward island of the new island theme
- Merchant building complex with 3 merchants
- Built out of a new Blue Concrete Block
- Recipes for 9 new sets of armour
- Improved randomisation of dungeon end rooms
- Several dungeon rooms have been tweaked
- Some new dungeon rooms have been added
- UI marker for NPCs, Portals and Tutorial missions
- These markers will be activated automatically after you have found the respective locations
- 3 Dog pets have been added to the inventory of Funny Jongo the Pet Merchant
- Fixed: Broken or lost Characters after Crash or sudden disconnect in multiplayer sessions
- Fixed: Massive lags and stuttering while playing multiplayer. These fixes should improve the overall network traffic. Please also keep in mind that larger island sizes will still end in longer loading times.
- Fixed: Full screen is not working correctly
- Fixed: Players can’t use the Steam UI to join sessions directly
- Fixed: Game crashes in rare cases when certain talents have been used
- Fixed: User is not able to put items into chests while their backpack is full
- Fixed: Hardmode Boss Worm deals nature damage instead of thunder damage
- Fixed: Buggy enemy behavior if an enemy moves back to their home zone after chasing the player
- Fixed: Buggy enemy behavior if an enemy can’t reach the player on higher grounds
- Fixed: Flying enemies can’t reach the player if he is hidden behind an object
505 Games says that the update is available right now on Steam. It later confirmed via tweet that it will be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime soon, as they have just submitted the update to both Sony Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft.
Earlier it was revealed that Portal Knights was the most popular game on the Japanese PlayStation Store last week.
Portal Knights was originally released on May 18th, 2017, and is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC. The title costs $19.99 on all platforms. If you’re not sure if you’ll like it, then a free trial is also available.