Keen Games’ Portal Knights was released in the west back in May for PS4, Xbox One and PC, but Japanese gamers got their hands on it just on June 29th, thanks to a digital release backed by local publisher Spike Chunsoft. Apparently, the game found quite the eager audience on the PlayStation store of the archipelago of the rising sun.
- Portal Knights
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Final Fantasy XIV: Complete Pack
- Summer Lessons: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
- Battlefield 4: Premium Edition
- Battlefield Hardline
- God Wars: Future Past
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection
- The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- LocoRoco Remastered
- Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto Seven Days Room
- Rez Infinite
- Driveclub VR
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- Final Fantasy VII
- Tales of Berseria
- NieR: Automata
While Portal Knights is at the top, Minecraft proves as popular as ever, pushing past both Final Fantasy XIV and the new Summer Lesson game featuring the American waifu Alison Snow, which were respectively first and second last week.
Kadokawa Games’ God Wars: Future Past has a fairly strong performance for a niche game, and even managed to beat Diablo III. VR titles were also quite strong in general, with a return to the chart of Alison Snow’s predecessor Hikari Miyamoto, PlayStation VR Worlds, Farpoint and more.
If you want to see why Japanese gamers may have appreciated Portal Knights, you can check out its launch trailer.