Those looking to purchase either the physical or digital copy of Civilization: Beyond Earth will get a nice surprise if they pre-order the game.
According to the game’s official website, those who pre-order will receive The Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets. These custom maps will offer specialized scripts that randomly generate different geographic layouts with every game.
The six different exoplanets included are:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth will release for PC on October 24th.