If you’re a skilled fashion stylist or simply a great shopper, but your dream has always been to work on video games, this may be your chance, as Naughty Dog posted a career opportunity ad seeking someone to help them with clothes:
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assist in the procurement of clothing based on concept and direction from concept team
- Source clothing online, from costume houses and retail/thrift
- Purchasing, renting and returning clothing
- Running clothing to and from Naughty Dog
- Work within a predetermined budget
- Drive a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, timely and reliable
- Knowledge of fashion trends
- Can assist with minor clothing alterations, such as steaming and pinning
- Experience in games, film and/or television costuming a plus
- Portfolio’s must be provided along with the resume in order to be considered for this position. This is an out of house TEMPORARY position. Candidates must be able to commute to Santa Monica, CA.
We already saw that a lot of attention and effort are going into modeling and texturing Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End‘s clothes so it’s not really surprising that the studio is seeking professional help to bring in and prepare physical samples to be used as inspiration and reference for its artists.
With cloth simulation tech and physically based shading becoming prevalent, not to mention the demand for realistic and believable fashion in character design, Naughty Dog is actually not the first studio to seek this kind of help in recent times: both Quantic Dream and Sucker Punch did in the past few months.
Uncharted 4 is less than a year away, but we should probably prepare for a dapper Nathan Drake.