Publisher Double Eleven and developer Introversion Software are still riding high on the most recent update to Prison Architect, which brought sniper towers to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game, but that doesn’t mean the publisher is going to start resting on its laurels. Announced today (and in some cases, released) is a new Prison Architect DLC pack, titled Psych Ward.
In Prison Architect: Psych Ward, console players receive brand new inmates, staff, room types, and more! Specifically, the DLC pack will introduce the criminally insane for players to manage, along with all of the accommodations that this new population requires. Will you rise to the occasion or will this new element bring down your ‘master’ construction?
- Below you’ll find a complete breakdown of the new features that the Psych Ward DLC will introduce.
- The Criminally Insane – inmates with new and varied reputations and traits, forcing players to explore new approaches to prison management.
- Psychopathic Inmates – The most volatile and unpredictable criminally insane inmates have 5 or more traits and are branded Psychopathic!
- Keep a watchful eye out for these guys stepping off the bus.
- Psychiatrist staff member – Hold consultation sessions to help support your prisoners’ needs.
- New room types – Who doesn’t love their own space? Padded cells gradually improve inmate’s desires for Privacy, Comfort, Safety and
- Freedom, as well as feelings of Suppression.
- Breakout!- A new game preference setting which allows you to ramp up the frequency of prisoner tunnel attempts.
- Two new Wardens- Hawk Hartman improves the performance of guards, while Dr Slugworth offers additional benefits for Criminally Insane inmates.
- 2 new pre-built prisons and 2 new building plots to use in Prison Warden mode.
In Prison Architect, players build their prison by designating cell blocks and inmate facilities, as well as managing staff wages and prisoner morale. In the base game, you are tasked with maintaining your own prison and protecting it from a variety of potential disasters.
Prison Architect: Psych Ward released on PlayStation 4 today and is currently available on the PlayStation Store for $3.99. The DLC will release for Xbox One on June 9.
Below you will find a new trailer showcasing the DLC’s newest features. For more information on Prison Architect, check out Introversion Software’s official website.