Prison Architect Update 2 Adds Women's Prisons
Introversion Software’s Prison Architect now has women’s prisons.
Prison Architect lets you manage your own 2D prison, from construction to executing prisoners. Now, with the depolyment of update 2.0, you can manage women prisons as well. They won’t be the same as their male counterparts as the developer confirmed. Women prisoners will have different features, characteristics, weaknesses and habits.
Check out the full patch notes of update 2 alongside its trailer:
You can now choose the gender of your prisoners in the “New Prison” screen.
Female prisoners have different needs and behave differently than male prisoners.
– Children : Some female prisoners are mothers of young babies (less than two years old)
and are entitled to look after their baby during their stay in your prison.
This requires some new facilities – often called “MBUs (Mother and Baby Units)”
– Family Cell : A new type of cell for mothers with babies only.
Similar to a normal cell, but also requires a Cot and an integrated Shower.
Nb these cells will never be assigned to female prisoners without babies.
– Nursery : A shared room for all mothers to live in, typically isolated from the rest of the prison.
Mothers will spend much of their time in this room with their babies.
Requires cots and play mats for the babies.
– Mothers will eat their meals in this room, so it also requires a serving table, benches etc.
Your kitchens will be assigned to cook meals for the nurseries as if they were canteens.
Modding API (continued)
– Added world and world cell data variables to the scripting API.
This includes getting the size of the world, time index, etc.
Setting these variables, however, is currently unsupported.
– A new interface scripting API has been included as well.
Mods can now add, remove, and change buttons in the BiographyWindow (shown when you select a non-prisoner object in the world), with callbacks to it’s script.
– Modding in escape mode has also been improved by allowing player interaction on scripted objects.
A callback to the script is given when the player is close to an object and interacts with it.
– General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.
Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai
– Needs.txt not loaded in correct order when using mods
– 0010162: [Gameplay] Surrendering in escape mode causes insane amounts of rep points / surrendering doesn’t work
– 0010309: [Control & User Interface] [Prison Architect] Crash when opening confidential informant window