The official Xbox page announced today that Project Spark will transition from its current “free-to-play” model to a completely free and open creative engine starting October 5th.
Due to these changes, all players who have purchased Project Spark digital content on or after July 28th this year, purchased and activated retail discs on or after July 28th or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to their money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded to all users within 30-60 days after October 5th.
New content updates have also been added to the title as well, including:
- The maximum terrain limit in creations has been doubled
- The maximum prop limit in creations has been increased by 500
- 200+ new assets have been added in game, including a dragon, goblin warlord, bog biome and a set of new primitive building blocks
- Each creator will now have a total of 100 Upload Slots for their creations
- UGC ranking will be based on downloads and favorites, instead of upvote/downvote ratings
- The Project Spark Marketplace has been removed
- The Project Spark Tour and Treasure Trove have been removed
- Achievements have been revamped for players and creators