ATLUS USA announced today with a press release that the JRPG by AquaPlus Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal will be released in North America this summer exclusively for PS Vita.
NIS America will take care of the European release, but gamers from the Old Continent will have to wait longer, until this fall.
The game will be available for $39.99 in both physical and digital formats and will be compatible with PlayStation TV. Originally, it was released in Japan in 2013 on PSP, and then ported to PS Vita last year.
The kingdom of Romulea is in peril. Monsters are leaking out of every nook and cranny in the land, and to make matters worse, they have started an uprising against humanity. Players take on the role of Fried, an adventurer from the Royal Library sent to stop the uprising. But early in his journey, he discovers a broken shrine along the way. This sets in motion the story ofDungeon Travelers 2, where Fried travels around the kingdom of Romulea, and through rescuing, defeating, or bumping into any of the 16 unique girls that can join his party, Fried is on a mission to save the world! Set in a first-person perspective with turn-based combat, players will encounter normal monsters as well as more powerful mutant girls, who must be sealed away to prevent the spread of the evil monster scourge.
Below you can read a list of features for the game:
- Art That is Sure to Leave a Mark: The hand-drawn art of the girls in your party, as well as the mutant girls who must be defeated breathe scintillating life into the quixotic world of Romulea.
- Sealed with Power: Defeating enemies in the dungeon produces Sealbooks, which can give the girls in your party unique bonuses, enchant weapons, or be sold for gold. Deciding how to use the Sealbooks is a crucial part of the game’s dungeon-crawling aspects
- Turn the Party into a Par-tay: As you explore dungeons, players can trigger sub-events which allow for further character development between Fried and the individual girls in his party. Favorite girls can even show up in the menus (cosmetically) more often.
- Min-maxers’ Delight: Each girl in your party has one of five base classes, from which they can spec into one of several sub-classes, which can be further specialized. For example, a Magic User can become a Sorceress, which can specialize into Magical Princess. Each subclass has its own unique skill-set and corresponding armor/outfit, allowing for intricate tweaks for discerning party managers.
- Original Audio: Dungeon Travelers 2 presents the game with English text localized by ATLUS and fully voiced Japanese audio.
Finally, you can check out a batch of screenshots and the announcement trailer: