PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne Gets More Details on Amazing Graphics, Blood, Combat, Weapons and More
Bloodborne impressed many at E3, but unfortunately the behind-closed-doors gameplay presentation wasn’t made public, besides two very small off-screen videos that left us wanting more. Luckily the good folks at the PlayStation Blogcast provided a few more details about the title’s gameplay during yesterday’s episode.
Here’s a quick and dirty summary:
- There are really freaky enemies, an example is big birds forced to stay on the ground which were defined “grounded crow demons” by Nick Suttner.
- The block/counter mechanic from previous Souls games won’t return with the same relevance, and now combat it’s more based on attack.
- You can dual wield a lit torch and the main characyer’s saw-cleaver and burn enemies with the torch while you hack at them with the weapon.
- The saw-cleaver has two different “states.” You can flick it open for additional range, or keep it folded to have a closer range weapon.
- You can use the shotgun to stagger enemies, and then dash in with the saw-cleaver to finish them.
- Blood is “out of control.” It sprays everywhere and the character’s trench coat actually gets all stained and shiny with the enemies’ blood as it gets soaked in it.
- The graphics have been defined “amazing,” especially the environments.
- The light passing through the fog creates cool ray effects.
- There are wind effects in the game, interacting with the environment.
Personally, I can definitely say that Bloodborne is one of my most anticipated games for 2015, and I’m hoping that Sony will release a direct feed gameplay video soon. Off-screen recordings are nice, but I’m sure I’m not the only one that wants to see the real thing.