PS4 Exclusive Drawn to Death’s First Private Test Started; Gets New Artwork and Video
David Jaffe’s upcoming PS4 exclusive free to play shooter Drawn to Death has just taken the first step towards getting into everyone’s hands, with the opening of the first private test for friends and family.
On the official forums we can find a few information and pointers for those who have been selected, with the promise that more people will be added gradually, and a second phase will be announced in the near future. Most importantly, matches are more likely to happen between 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM and 7 PM and 9:30 PM PDT. While the servers are always open, it’s less likely to find people around at different times. The number of participants is quite low at the moment.
There is also a list of tips and known issues:
• If you get stuck somewhere in the map and can’t exit, please press OPTIONS and select KILL CHARACTER to respawn.
• You start with some currency in your wallet so feel free to buy characters and weapons and try a bunch of content out! You are also earning more War Tokens as you play should you run out of your initial wallet.
• The screen crops in more than we’d like so some text might not be super legible. Working on this.
• You have no idea how many active players are online while you are in the lobby. That’s something we are working on for PA2.
• Aiming down with shotguns like Sexy Beast and firing on an enemy in your crosshairs may result in no hit being registered.
• The XP character leveling (though not officially in this release) are set quite a bit high so it’s unlikely you’ll be able to max out a character this release.
Additionally, we also get to see the really awesome tip/tutorial art, which is aptly drawn on post-its. You can check it out at the bottom of the post.
Lastly, the developer posted a video in which David Jaffe shows off and discusses the fearsome face blaster: