PS4 Exclusive Driveclub: Details on Photo Mode Shared; Challenges Not Coming With Next Patch And More
After today’s announcement, Driveclub developer Evolution Studios gave a bit more color on what we can expect on Twitter. Below you can find a recap of what was mentioned.
- Photo mode will be available in Single Event, Tour and Challenges – It’s activated with the touch pad.
- Challenges won’t be activated with Tuesday’s patch, as they are a serves issue, and they’re being worked on separately.
- Replay mode will be in a separate patch as well. It’s still being worked on.
- Private lobbies will be implemented after the solution of the server issues.
- Weather is still coming within the year.
The developer also gave more information on what caused the online issues to begin with, mentioning that the game had been thoroughly tested, but unfortunately the problems didn’t show up back then.
There were months of load testing, stress testing & beta testing – the problem is the amount & complexity of social data and it didn’t show up during any of the testing or in the week before launch when reviewers were playing online.
Replays and weather are definitely two of my most desired features, even if challenges remain my number one priority, considering just how fun they are. Hopefully Evolution will manage to activate them soon enough.