PS4 Exclusive New NieR by PlatinumGames Gets Beautiful Art; Will "Fully Harness" the Power of PS4
Today Square Enix announced a new NieR in development at Platinum Games, and they just released the press kit, including some lovely new artwork and the 3D model of the character that appears in the trailer.
On top of that, the press release includes a list of the star spangled cast that will work on the game:
- Producer: Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST® X / NieR),
- Director: YOKO TARO (Drakengard® / NieR)
- Character Designer: Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY® XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT®)
- Game Designer: Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
- Composer: Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NieR).
We also get one more detail about what we can expect in terms of graphics and gameplay:
“PlatinumGames Inc. will be amplifying the action-oriented combat and building a beautifully diverse visual experience that will fully harness the graphical power of the PlayStation 4 system.”
If you’re wondering whether this is a full PS4 exclusive, or on the nature of the game, here’s what the press release says:
“A new third-person action role-playing game (RPG) and follow-up to the 2010 cult hit NieR. Offering a fresh blend of action and RPG gameplay styles, NieR New Project is currently being developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system.”