NieR: Automata was little more than a subject of mild curiosity for many before Paris Games Week, but after seeing the explosive trailer, I’m sure now it’s one of the most anticipated games out there.
- There are two or three main characters (Saito-san and Yoko-san seem to differ on this point).
- Androids can be both female and male. YoRHa 2B is female.
- YoRHa 2B has a bot that follows her around, serving as a long range fire support. It can talk in simple sentences like a car navigation system and it even works as a glider for transportation. Customization for this bot may be a possibility, but it’s not confirmed for now.
- There’s a considerable amount of weapons available besides the two we saw.
- If Square Enix wants to implement DLC costumes, Yoko-san is ready to provide them. YoRHa 2B’s skirt will rip when she receives considerable damage. Under the black dress she wears a white leotard.
- There will be extremely huge machine enemies. The one shown in the trailer isn’t even close to the biggest. Some might even drive vehicles, and there will be a large range of variation among them.
- The game is set in the same universe as NieR, but the era is different, and there’s a very limited connection between the games story-wise. There will be references, but those who didn’t play the first game won’t have problems enjoying the new one.
- Development is proceeding smoothly.
- More info will come in the spring. Since we received news from E3 in the U.S. and Paris Games Week in Europe, they want the next reveal to be in Japan, but since there’s no big event there in the spring, they’re considering how to make the announcement.