PS4 Exclusive NiOh’s Survey Results Published; 850,000 Downloads for the Demo
Koei Tecmo published the results of the survey that gathered feedback from those who played NiOh‘s alpha demo last month.
We learn that the demo was downloaded by over 850,000 gamers worldwide, and below you can read what the development team took away from the feedback provided by those who played the first taste of NiOh.
• Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game
■ Action & Controls
• Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
• Change the conditions under which the player character becomes
unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
• Expand item shortcut slots.
• Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to
the hold input.
• Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.
• Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
• Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
• Adjust Revenant AI.
■ Level Design/Stages
• Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
• Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
• Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
• Adjust fire area damage.
• Improve layout and displayed information.
• Adjust text size.
• When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions
• Improve online synchronization.
• Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
• Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.
• Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
• Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
• Add a new control type.
• Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.
• Fix other bugs.
Last but not least, you can check out the graphs below, indicating how gamers judged the different elements of the demo worldwide and by region.