PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets Beautiful New Screenshots and E3 Fact Sheet
With E3 in full swing Sony Computer Entertainment sent in a press release with a brand new batch of new screenshots of Ready at Dawn’s latest game The Order: 1886, and an updated fact sheet with everything there’s to know about the game.
The screenshots gives us a first glimpse on the half-breeds that serve as the main (maybe) antagonists of the game, and below the rich gallery you can check out the new fact sheet.
Discover history’s darkest secret in The Order: 1886™, the PlayStation®4 (PS4™)exclusive that re-writes history by introducing a unique vision of Victorian-Era London, where Man uses advanced technology to battle a powerful and ancient foe. In an alternate history where myths and technology co-exist, players take on the role of Sir Galahad, a hardened member of an elite order of Knights engaging in a centuries-old war that will determine the course of history forever.
Hundreds of years before the game’s version of 1886, humanity de-evolves and a subset of humans becomes the genetically different “Half-breeds.” War eventually breaks out between humans and Half-breeds for power and survival, and in order to combat these fierce enemies, a brotherhood was formed through the Knights of the Round Table – an alliance called The Order. The Knights of The Order have waged wars across centuries and sworn to defend humanity while protecting the secrets of this dark history.
Strengthened by a mysterious liquid called Blackwater, the Knights of The Order are able to heal their wounds and extend their lifespans in order to engage this supernatural foe.
Through the dawn of the Industrial Revolution, The Order is now equipped with powerfulweapons to turn the tide against the Half-breeds, but must also face a new threat. Arebellion emerges and the Rebels’ ranks are growing, as is their boldness, as they declare an all-out war against The Order and the government oppression it represents. Now, the Knights of The Order must face threats on all sides as they struggle to maintain peace and order.
Created by acclaimed developer Ready at Dawn, The Order: 1886 will launch exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system.
- Familiar Mythology Reimagined in an Alternate History– The game introduces a unique mythology that will fuse actual history (real world places, figures, and events) with twists on familiar myths and legends to create an alternate history from the one we know today. Players will wield advanced weapons and gadgets that didn’t exist during that era and the realism of the game experience will make you feel like these elements could have been plausible during the time.
- Filmic Immersion – The game’s unique filmic presentation is designed to replicate the texture of film and use real-world motion picture and cinematography techniques to emphasize dramatic haracter performance and realism.
- Gameplay Features to Push the Genre – The Order: 1886 will push the Third Person Action Shooter genre by incorporating unique gameplay features to enhance and vary the experience. By consuming Blackwater, an ancient and mysterious liquid, the Knights have the ability to engage Blacksight, an in-game ability allowing them to enter into a heightened state, slowing time to execute precise pistol attacks. Blackwater will also be used as a healing mechanic during gameplay, slowly refilling over time and allowing a Knight to recover from a downed state. Cinemelee™ sequences will challenge the player to use intelligent strategy to manually dodge and evade enemy attacks.
- Seamless narrative experience – Full performance capture for characters and scenes, combined with seamless transitions between action and story sequences, work together to bring the rich narrative, rife with conspiracy and intrigue, to life.
- Weapons – The setting of anachronistic London allows for weapons that are unique, yet grounded in understandable science. Fire bolts of electricity to take out long-range targets with the Arc Gun, or rain down fire on enemies with the Thermite Rifle by dousing them in a cloud of flammable dust and igniting it with a superheated flare. Advances in technology mean airships patrol the skies and The Knights wield an impressive arsenal of powerful weapons and gadgets unique to this vision of Neo-Victorian London.
- Ready At Dawn Legacy – Created and developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, award-winning developers of Daxter®, God of War®: Chains of Olympus (PSP® Game of the Year) and God of War®: Ghost of Sparta. The studio is known for pushing their target hardware to its limits, as has been seen from their past titles, and they are now setting their sights and expertise on the PS4 system.