The research firm NPD just released its sales results for the month of August in North America, and the PS4 is keeping up the winning streak, while Madden NFL 16 topped the software ranking.
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
As mentioned above, the PS4 topped hardware sales, but also managed to come up in first for software sales. There are good news for the Xbox One as well, that grew by 26% in sales year on year.
Software sales for PS4 and Xbox One grew by 34%, while old gen consoles dipped with minus 51% in game sales. Portables lost 24% year on year as well. Overall, software sales were lower by 10% compared to August 2014.