PS4 Leaves Xbox One Behind in March NPD; Battlefield and Bloodborne Lead Software
The NPD released its numbers for the month of March, and according to a Sony Computer Entertainment representative, the PS4 led sales for last month in both hardware and software, beating its Xbox One rival, even if no precise numbers were given.
The NPD also mentioned that combined PS4 and the Xbox One sales are over 50% higher than those of PS3 and Xbox 360 in the same period of time.
Software sales were led by Battlefield: Hardline, which actually sold more on Xbox One than on PS4, followed by Bloodborne, that managed to beat Grand Theft Auto V and Mario Party 10 respectively in third and fourth place. Grand Theft Auto V also sold better on Xbox One than on PS4.
On the other hand, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, ranked 5th, sold better on Sony’s console, while MLB 15: The Show ranked 6th.
According to the NPD, Bloodborne also achieved the second best selling debut month for a PS4 exclusive, just behind inFAMOUS: Second Son. Below you can see the full software ranking:
- Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U) (sold 290,000 copies physical and digital, according to Nintendo)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
- Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD (PS4, Xbox One)