PS4 System Software Update 9.00 Patch Notes Today (September 15)
Version 9.00 has arrived!
All eyes might be on the huge PS5 update that is set to arrive today (September 15), but many PS4 users may have noticed that a new update for the previous generation of console has also gone live today.
The update brings the console’s system firmware to version 9.00 and includes plenty of new changes and features. Check out the full patch notes for the September 15 PS4 update right here in this article.
- READ MORE: Does Deathloop Have Crossplay Between PS5 and PC?
What’s New In Version 9.00?
Today’s update looks to be a fairly big one for PlayStation 4 owners but still comes in at a modest 490MB.
Version 9.00 now allows all PlayStation 4 users to access PlayStation 5 trophies on the previous generation of console.
There were also multiple changes made to parental controls, as well as some updates to the Messages feature on the PS4 console. Check out the full system software patch notes below for the exact details.
- READ MORE: Time to get a PS5 – Sony Turning its Back on the PS4
PS4 Firmware Update 9.00 – Patch Notes
According to the PlayStation 4 console, the official patch notes for the September 15 PS4 update can be found below.
Main features in the system software update
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4.
- In (Trophies), you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list.
- You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In (Messages) we’ve updated the following:
- If you’re the owner of a group, you can now delete it. To delete a group, open the options menu and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won’t leave groups that include other players.
Other updated features
- On an Andoird or iOS/iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- We’ve made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communications features for a game, their parents or guardian will receive a notifcation on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
- The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies, or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you’d like to receive notifications on your PS4 or via email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Communication Preferences]